View/Download PDF version email@example.com
JoeShopping, Inc., Nanuet NY June 2006 – present
- Manage all aspects of the www.JoeShopping.com website from initial concept to final release by working closely with all programmers, moderators, freelancers and writers.
- Coordinate all Social Media marketing/branding via company accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon and Pinterest.
- Write company blog posts and site content on shopping-related topics, with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tactics.
- Work closely with Affiliate Marketing industry to improve revenue streams.
Wizard Entertainment, Congers NY May 2004 – June 2006
- Oversee editorial content for two monthly consumer publications (ToyFare, Anime Insider) dealing with collectible action figures and Japanese animation/culture.
- Supervise staff of eight editors.
- Approve content/proofs of every page in each magazine.
- Edit/manage Toy Wishes, 225-page annual holiday entertainment guide targeted at mothers/young children.
- Approve content/proofs of every single page in magazine.
- Write content for ToyWishes.com website.
Advanstar/Medical Economics, Montvale NJ May 2002 – April 2004
- Work with editorial teams to manage websites for numerous health magazines including Managed Healthcare Executive, Patient Care, Medical Economics.
- Write monthly electronic newsletter on healthcare for Business & Health Institute.
The Excite Network, Irvington NY Sept. 2000 – April 2002
- Manage feature channels on iWon.com and Excite.com Web portals.
- Outline and write key editorial for new Web pages, as well as help write editorial for promotional ad banners for sections of each site.
Wizard Entertainment, Congers NY July 1994 – Sept. 2000
Managing Editor – Wizard: The Comics Magazine
- Edit/write numerous columns and majority of features for monthly magazine on comic books and pop-culture entertainment.
Over 150 articles published. Samples available upon request.
- Writers on Comics Scriptwriting 2 (January 2005) Non-fiction book, Titan Publishing
Co-wrote book featuring series of interviews with today’s top tier comic book writing talent.
Head up editorial direction of entire site, write regular shopping-related blogs, merchant store descriptions.
Wrote family friendly posts for Wired.com’s “GeekDad” section, dealing with comics, video games and toys. Sample articles
- IAC (Ask.com, MyFunCards.com, MindSpark.com)
Wrote content for various websites including 250-word SEO descriptions for dozens of popular screen savers, and 100-word SEO descriptions for hundreds of online greeting cards.
- iWon.com (Excite.com)
Wrote various editorial for section descriptions on a number of different channels including “Travel,” “iWon Today” and “Games.
- BusinessandHealth.com (ManagedHealthcareExecutive)
Wrote monthly e-newsletter for healthcare-oriented website, as well as a number of “At Work with the CDC”articles. See Colorectal Cancer: With Awareness Comes Prevention
- Cinescape.com (now Mania.com)
Wrote twice-weekly column for online toy department about latest releases, news.
- aNb Media – Publisher of toy industry trade magazines
Wrote various news articles and features/interviews on popular toy trends/companies for Royaltie$, TOYS & Family Entertainment and License magazines.
- Cinescape — Monthly science fiction magazine
Wrote various features on sci-fi toys and TV series, as well as a monthly two-page column on toys.
- Memorabilia — Monthly entertainment magazine
Wrote an average of two features per issue on pop-culture entertainment.
- Toy Wishes — Annual holiday entertainment guide
Wrote over 200 product descriptions for Toy Department sections (Toy Wishes Holiday 2001).
- Wizard: The Comics Magazine — Monthly comic book and pop-culture magazine
Wrote dozens of features and columns ranging in tone from humorous to serious. Interviewed top talent in the comic book and entertainment industry including the wrestler Ultimate Warrior, “Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane, “Batman” animated series co-producer Paul Dini.
- Bean Power — Quarterly magazine about collectible Beanie Babies
Wrote over 150 “Didja Know?” real animal facts for Beanie Baby price guide each issue.
- Moment — Monthly Jewish culture, politics, and religion magazine
Pitched and wrote news article on Jewish comic book writer.
- Starwood Hotels
Wrote content for various projects including ethics brochures and detailed hotel resource guides for Starwood employees, as well as creatives for in-room flyers, newsletters, meeting room promos for Westin, Four Points, Sheraton and other Starwood hotels.
Binghamton University, Binghamton NY May 1994
Bachelor of Arts in Literature/Rhetoric, Harpur College